Professional Coaching from International Master Lorin D’Costa and British Master Rob Willmoth plus other accredited coaches.
NO MORE ENTRIES CAN BE ACCEPTED NOW, AS WE HAVE REACHED CAPACITY.
Date: Sunday 25th June 2017
Time: 1:00pm – 6.15pm
Venue: John Keble Church Hall, Church Close, Edgware, Middlesex, HA8 9NS
There is plenty of car parking on adjacent roads. We hope you enjoy your day at this superb venue. Please leave everything as you find it in the church hall.
NO SMOKING ALLOWED ON SITE, INDOORS OR OUT.
There will be two tournaments for all age groups allowing juniors to play against children of different ages in preparation for adult tournaments which have no age categories. These tournaments will be split dependent on training groups in order to ensure all players get 5 games against opponents of similar playing strength.
Players age determined as at age on 31.08.2016
Cash prizes dependent on entry.
Age limit sections: Trophies to be awarded for top boy and top girl in age categories, dependent on entries. Certificates for all players.
Ties: Cash prizes will be shared. If there is a tie for a trophy, it will be broken by sum of progressive scores and then sum of opponents’ scores.
TRAINING SESSION PRIZES
There will be a trophy awarded for the best child as determined.
£32 if paid in advance, £45 if paid on the day.
Confirmation of Entry:
Online entries will be acknowledged by email.
- Each player will be allowed 15 minutes per game.
- Help will be given to those not used to clocks.
- This is not a knockout tournament. Swiss pairings will be used. All competitors play in every round.
- All games will be played to ECF Rapidplay rules using chess clocks.
- Parents and friends are welcome to stay, but should note that only stewards and players will be allowed in the playing areas.
- We do not provide any supervision of children between rounds so you must stay to look after your own children or arrange for another adult to be responsible for your children.
The tournament will be graded with the English Chess Federation.
Hot and cold refreshments will be on sale at reasonable prices: hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, crisps etc.
The organisers will accept no responsibility for any loss, theft or accident to competitors or any other visitors at the venue or in the car park or surrounding areas. Parents are responsible for their children at all times, and in all places, during the event. The organisers of the event and their helpers are not able to act “In Loco Parentis”. They are not able to take responsibility for the actions of those attending the event, or the actions of anyone that may affect those attending the event.