NO MORE ENTRIES CAN BE ACCEPTED NOW, AS WE HAVE REACHED CAPACITY.
Date: Saturday 26th August 2017
Time: 9:00am – 5.45pm
Venue: John Keble Church, Church Close, HA8 9NS
There is plenty of car parking on nearby streets. We hope you enjoy your day at this superb venue. Please leave everything as you find it in the hall.
NO SMOKING ALLOWED ON SITE, INDOORS OR OUT.
Age limit sections
Under 8 / Under 10 / Under 12 / Under 14
Players must have been under the section age on 31.8.2017
Grade limit sections
To be determined on the day.
Which section should I enter?
- Most juniors enter the age limit sections. These correspond to School Years, i.e. Under 8 is for Year 3 or below, Under 10 for Year 4 or 5, Under 12 for Year 6 or 7 and Under 14 for Year 8 or 9.
- You are allowed to enter an older age group if you wish.
- The grade limit sections are intended for older juniors or adults but are open to anyone whose grade is below the limit specified.
- There will be cash prizes dependent on entry
- Age limit sections: Prizes for all players scoring over 50%. Plus a cash prize and a trophy for the top boy and top girl in each age group section. Certificates for all players.
- Grade limit sections: To be determined on the day.
- Ties: Cash prizes will be shared. If there is a tie for a trophy, it will be broken by sum of progressive scores.
- Small prizes can be collected as your last game is finished, trophies and cash prizes as soon as possible after the end of Round 6.
All sections: £25 if paid in advance, £40 if paid on the day.
Donations on the day are gratefully received to support the work of Barnet Knights Chess Club.
Confirmation of Entry: Online entries will be acknowledged by email.
- Each player will be allowed 30 minutes per game.
- Help will be given to those not used to clocks.
- This is not a knockout tournament. Swiss pairings will be used. All competitors play in every round.
- All sections will be played to ECF Rapidplay rules using chess clocks.
- All results will be submitted to the ECF for grading. The ECF publishes the Grading list on their website. If you wish to have your Grading details (Grading Reference Number, Name, Club(s), Grade(s), Grading Category) withheld from the website version, please contact the ECF, www.englishchess.org.uk
- The organisers reserve the right to merge sections in the event of a section receiving insufficient entries.
Parents and friends are welcome to stay, but should note that only stewards and players will be allowed in the playing areas. We do not provide any supervision of children between rounds so you must stay to look after your own children or arrange for another adult to be responsible for your children.
London Junior Chess Championships Finals
Those gaining the following target scores or higher at this tournament will qualify for the London Junior finals to be held at University of Westminster (Harrow Campus).
|Finals Section||Target||Date of Final|
|Under 8||4/6||29-30 Dec|
|Under 10 Minor||3.5/6||16-17 Dec|
|Under 10 Major||4.5/6||16-17 Dec|
|Under 12 Minor||3.5/6||28-30 Dec|
|Under 12 Major||4.5/6||28-30 Dec|
|Under 14||No qualification required||16-17 Dec|
Hot and cold refreshments will be on sale at reasonable prices: hot and cold drinks, sandwiches, crisps, etc.
The organisers will accept no responsibility for any loss, theft or accident to competitors or any other visitors at the venue or in the car park or surrounding areas. Parents are responsible for their children at all times, and in all places, during the tournament. The organisers of the tournament and their helpers are not able to act “In Loco Parentis”. They are not able to take responsibility for the actions of those attending the tournament, or the actions of anyone that may affect those attending the tournament.